Friday, May 26, 2006

monumental monday

i had a monumental experience on monday. very emotional. i had to fight back the tears that were threatening to choke me up. yes, i took down the the map of bristol that had adorned my bedroom wall for the past 7 years. it left marks on the wall where the blu-tac had been holding it up too. it kind of pulled the wallpaper off in those places leaving the fibre side of the paper exposed. good job the wallpaper's white otherwise it would look even worse than what it does now. and i didnt even stop there! no, i even pulled down my other map - of the world - that was on my other wall. i actually managed to get the blu-tac off without causing too much damage - id kind of developed a bit of a technique by then. and so i then had 2 empty walls without anything on. although, i must admit, i still have one small map of adelaide on the wall below where the map of the world used to be.

why did i do this? why engage in such random acts of desecration which would only cause hurt? well, because i recently acquired a certain painting by a certain artist which demanded a blank wall from which to shine forth its rays, a backdrop which would give light to its boldness, a surround which could illumine its brilliance. it cried out to me so that i could not sleep, until it had truly become a focal point in my room. And hence i removed the maps which had been my walls for the past half-decade, to create the space for this masterpiece.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is this artist you talk of?

I was sad when I took my UK map down, but my world map is still up, I can't bring myself to take it down.

2:57 PM  
Blogger TommyDB said...

Great blog. lol :P

I'm still trying to decide where to put my painting.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Gem said...

yeh, I have a wave pic too, sooo cool.

So what's your painting?

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are these christmas pressies from Adam by any chance or has Jenny P been spreading her arty joy. Even Neil has some oil paints so be expecting pictures from him too.

God didn't need to bless me with artistic ability, he just surrounded me with arty people and that's enough.

5:34 PM  
Blogger TommyDB said...

Erm. We paid for ours Loz.

Didn't you feel like giving to charity on that day? :P

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you bought them from Ben for Ukraine, am with you now and no I didn't buy any - doesn't mean I haven't given money to charity or Ukraine though Tommy :p.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Timmay!! said...

yep-from the artist formerly known as ben.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Timmay!! said...

its of a slightly old-fashioned sailing ship, sailing on the waves with a clear blue sky in the backgound. the backgound of the picture is so simple its great.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home